Friday, November 03, 2006

Democratic Republic of Congo Info


Due to the fact that Esther and I are headed to Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) I have been known to search out news about the country. Right now is a historical time for DRC has they have had there run-off elections last Sunday and are awaiting the results. These elections come 40 years after their last truly democratic elections. Right now we are praying for a peaceful acceptance of the new government as well as a start to peace in a war-torn country.
I have just recently been made aware of a website that posts some news about DRC. It is put out by the United Nations and like I've said before in other news type posts I don't necessarily agree with everything said I just think there might be some good information shared here. One article even shares a little bit about MAF.
So I encourage you to explore the site, read, and think of ways you can pray with us for DRC and our work there.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for keeping us posted! We are praying for you both!

J Crew said...

We are also praying for you guys and thanks for the site