Monday, July 24, 2006

Interesting Links

Today I found a couple of interesting links that i think folks might find equally informative. the First is a "news" peice that PBS did about MAF and their work in Democratic Republic of Congo. You can understand why I feel like it is somewhat useful for others to see the kind of work that MAF does in DRC. Here's the link:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week947/cover.html

The second thing I found I got off of BBC's news website. It is a report done by UNICEF on the condition of children in DRC. I looked it over and again found some good reasons for why MAF works in this country. The link to the main webpage is:
http://www.unicef.org/childalert/drc/index.php

If you click on the "Download the more detailed full report" link you'll get the information i read.

I know that there might be a little bit of some skepticism in these reports due to the scources. My main thrust here is not to endorse the agendas of some media spots but to try and show folks some of what MAF does and the needs of Christ all over the world.

If the links do not work (don't forget i'm new to this) i think you can copy and paste them into your browser address bar and hopefully they'll take you there. I hope this is helpful. Til next time.....
P.S. I just posted this and then tried the links. It looks like you have to do the ol' copy and paste deal, sorry i haven't taken the advanced blogger course yet.

1 comment:

Peter Brown said...

Brian;

Thanks for the links, I was both educated and completely shocked...

In the PBS one I found it interesting in that the interviewer had to ask if they felt gulity... I liked the pilots response! Right on!

As far as the UNICEF Article... I had no clue as the magnitude of the conflict. I'm now going to be very aware of any election news out of there in the next few days.